As the people who follow this blog will know (those nice two), today I, not without its complications, launched the much anticipated (by me) San Francisco Muni Real Time Map.It’s the very first presentabl version, so there is a whole lot of stuff to do with it. So I’m going to use this post as a to do list of things pending to do on the map. That way anyone wanting to contribute will know what’s going on.
- Display predictions for each station.
- Display the directions each vehicle is bound for.
- Replace that uglyass map with the one I made specially for this.
- Clean the code
- Create better visuals for the animations
- Make a custom loading screen
- Change the layout of the page so that it doesn’t look like Ogame.
- Fix the dissapearing vehicles issue.
- Go back to the old Python code and make a proper web application, getting rid of Processing.
- Design a more eficient algorithm to get the prediction data.